The CAPM certification (Certified Associate in Project Management) is an important credential that formerly recognizes professionals who are new to project management. It is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), and the CAPM training ensures that a professional has a complete working knowledge of the principles and processes defined by the PMBOK Guide and is aware of the standard recognized practices in use for project management.
Our 4-Day Instructor-Led, boot camp style class is designed for new project managers who want to achieve CAPM Certification quickly and with professional guidance. Our CAPM exam preparation course is based mainly on the detailed specifications outlined by PMI, in the CAPM Exam Content Outline and our course has been updated to the PMBOK 6th edition.
CAPM certification can demonstrate your competency, education, and learning experience to employers. Achieving the CAPM credential creates many opportunities for project management professionals. In addition, as Certified Associate in Project Management, your adherence to the PMI Code of Ethics and Responsibility means that customers and clients will know that you maintain high standards and responsibility. If you are looking for a good investment in your career development, a CAPM Certification Boot Camp is the answer.
|Course Title:||CAPM Certification DC|
|Time:||8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
Here are a few of the benefits you will receive in our CAPM exam prep class:
CAPM Training Class includes:
- CAPM Certification Study Guide
- Satisfies 23 contact hours req’d by PMI
- Online CAPM Certification Simulator
- 1000+ Practice Questions
- In Class Exercises
- 100% Exam Pass Guarantee
- Lunch and Snacks Provided During Class
CAPM Course Objectives:
- Identify and overcome knowledge gaps
- CAPM Application assistance
- Increase comfort and ability with CAPM Exam questions
- Learn useful tips and tricks to increase comprehension
- Learn and apply critical test-taking strategies
- Apply real-world project management concepts
- Complete CAPM Certification readiness
Who Should Attend the CAPM Certification Training in DC?
This certification is specifically designed for professionals with minimal experience in project management and gives you a basic understanding of the subject.
Why choose us for your CAPM Certification Training?
When choosing a training provider for your CAPM certification, remember, not all courses are equal. The quality of CAPM exam prep courses can be extremely different from one company to the next. When you decide to invest in your career you should never sacrifice quality for price. If you compare the key decision factors, we believe you will find that PMEC provides the best value. We blend proven learning concepts with simple memorization techniques to make sure you are able to keep the vast amount of information we cover organized and memorable. Our CAPM Exam Prep Boot Camp in Washington DC is an accelerated, guaranteed path to achieving your CAPM certification.
After attending our 4-day boot camp class, you will achieve Certified Associate in Project Management Certification on your first attempt, Guaranteed.
Here are a few more key reasons to join our class.
- Experience: We have the largest team of veteran PMP instructors. Our curriculum uses proven adult learning concepts, such as Bloom’s Taxonomy and Knowles’ Theory of Andragogy, for maximum learner engagement and motivation.
- Thought leadership: Our Courses have been uniquely developed to ensure a high degree of correlation between the subject matter and the proficiency examinations. Our class use problem-based and collaborative approaches to learning. We emphasize more dialogue and interaction between the instructor and student.
- Proven Results: Our CAPM Boot Camp gets you ready Faster, Better and with More Support along the way. Over 98% of our students pass the exam the First Time they take it.
- Firm Course Dates: When you register for one of our classes, you are guaranteed it will run as scheduled. You can focus on your training and certification, and not worry about cancellations or delays.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee: We know your training is an important milestone in your career. We understand the importance of spending your time and money wisely. That’s why we back up all of our courses with a 100% money-back guarantees: if you don’t pass, you don’t pay.
CAPM Certification Course Syllabus
Our curriculum is based on the PMBOK Guide 6th edition and uses a problem-based and collaborative approach to learning. We emphasize more equality and connection between the instructor and learner. We blend these approaches with simple memorization techniques in order to keep the vast amount of information organized and memorable. The entire design of the course is focused on ensuring your readiness to pass the CAPM Certification Exam.
The CAPM certification exam has 150 multiple choice questions. The questions are randomly presented from a possible pool of over 10,000. In order to be successful, you will need to do more than simply memorize terms. The questions focus on the learning domains identified in Bloom’s Taxonomy and test your ability to remember, comprehend, apply critical thinking and analyze how different components relate to one another.
Remembering involves recognizing or remembering facts, terms, basic concepts, or answers.
Comprehending involves demonstrating an understanding of facts and ideas by organizing, comparing, interpreting, giving descriptions, and stating the main ideas.
Applying involves using acquired knowledge—solving problems in new situations by applying acquired knowledge, facts, techniques, and rules.
The exam tests your understanding of the 5 process groups which are:
- Monitoring and Controlling
Here is more information relating to what you will learn:
Day 1 includes introductions, an overview of the process for the test, Professional and Social Responsibility as defined by the PMI Code of Conduct, Project Framework, the 49 processes, and Project Selection and Project Integration Management. There is homework required at the end of day one.
Day 2 will cover Project Stakeholder Management followed by Project Scope Management and Project Time Management. Project Cost Management begins on day two but does not include covering Earned Value Management. There is homework required at the end of day two.
Day 3 covers Earned Value Management and Project Quality Management, Project Human Resources Management, and Project Communications Management. The first two process steps of Project Risk Management may also be covered.
Day 4 covers the remaining Project Risk Management processes and Project Procurement Management. After a lunch break, we administer a final 1-hour, 50 question practice test. The final test score, as well as the 13 section scores, are used to conduct a final Stoplight Assessment with each student. This assessment reviews in class performance and provides an honest feedback about individual readiness to take the real exam.
CAPM Certification Training Location
Our classes are held at convenient, modern training centers.
Our Training facility is in Downtown Washington DC. Conveniently located only a few blocks from DuPont Circle and steps from the corridor of K Street. Situated within walking distance of the Red and Orange Metro lines, makes this location a breeze for commuters. 1250 Connecticut Ave NWSuite 200Washington DC, DC 20036
Our Training facility is in Downtown Washington DC. Conveniently located only a few blocks from DuPont Circle and steps from the corridor of K Street. Situated within walking distance of the Red and Orange Metro lines, makes this location a breeze for commuters.
1250 Connecticut Ave NWSuite 200Washington DC, DC 20036
Here’s what students say about our CAPM Certification Training in Washington DC:
100% Money-Back Pass Guarantee
We stand behind our course and methodology. We want you to take your certification exam with the confidence. To prove it, we provide a true 100% money-back pass guarantee with no hoops or exceptions. We only ask you study hard and take advantage of the extensive materials and study aids we provide.
Our commitment to you is simple:
- You must attend the entire course.
- You must sit for the exam within six months of completing the course.
- If you fail the test we will:
- Analyze your results in depth.
- Provide you a customized study plan to retake the exam.
- Provide coaching and support through online tutoring, phone & virtual meetings as well as email support from a dedicated instructor
- If you do not pass your certification exam in three attempts, we will refund your entire course tuition.
CAPM Certification FAQs
- How can do I apply to sit for the exam?
- Candidates must complete an online application with the Project Management Institute (PMI). The application asks you to detail some of your work history and education. Once started, you have 90 days to complete it. It has an auto-save function so you can come back to it if you take a break from working on it. Once submitted, an employee of the Project Management Institute will review it.
- Typically, it takes about 3-5 five business days to review your application. Once approved, you will receive an e-mail from PMI. In the email will be an eligibility code. You will need this code to pay for and schedule the second part of the PMP certification process: the exam.
- How do I schedule a time to sit for the exam?
- Once you are eligible to take the exam, the scheduling instructions received from PMI will instruct you to contact Prometric, to select a date and location for taking the exam. The CAPM exam is a computer-based exam and may be scheduled by applicants at any time available at any of the Prometric sites.
- Information about site locations and scheduling may be found at Prometric’s website at www.prometric.com. Select the “Professional Licensure and Certification” for test type and “Project Management Institute” for the testing program.
- How much does it cost to sit for the CAPM exam?
- The exam costs $225 for PMI members and $300 for non-members.
- What if I have to cancel my test date after scheduling the exam?
- You may reschedule or cancel your exam if done at least two full days prior to your exam date. However, canceling or rescheduling the exam within 30 days of a scheduled exam date will incur a rescheduling fee of $70. Be sure to confirm the cancellation/rescheduling guidelines with Prometric when scheduling the exam.
- How is the CAPM exam administered?
- The certification exam has 150 multiple choice questions, and you have three hours to complete it. The exam is offered by a third party testing company, Prometric, and each exam question has one correct answer. At the end of your exam, it will beimmediately graded and you will receive your results.
- The scores are the following:
- Below Proficient
- Moderately Proficient