How Can Business Benefit From PMP Certification?
In today’s competitive professional environment, the demand for PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification continues to rise exponentially. This professional designation is considered to be a major component sought after by top businesses and organizations around the globe. The leaders of the modern market understand that there is simply no substitute for the level of critical judgment, knowledge, and skill provided by PMP Certification Training Classes. The test allows employers to clearly gauge the knowledge and experience necessary to make smart critical decisions while maintaining team comprehension and productivity.
Every business or organization seeks managers who are capable of leading a team when effective decision making is absolutely critical. The management skills required to maneuver a team through planning and execution require a broad vision, which is exactly what the PMP Certification test evaluates. Obtaining PMP Certification demonstrates competence in the ability to lead and direct project teams comprehensively and with proficiency. Below we will outline some basic fundamentals within PMP Certification and the long-term benefits associated with this credential across all industry fields.
PMP Certification Examination
PMP Certification Testing is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The test includes 200 questions, and the participants have 4 hours to complete it. Testing centers that host the PMP Certification Test are conveniently located across the country. Of course, there are general requirements needed before pursuing PMP certification. These often involve either:
- A secondary degree with a minimum of five years in project management experience, 7,500 hours in leading and directing projects, and an accumulated 35 hours of project management education, or –
- A four year degree with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience, 4,500 hours leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education.
This is, of course, just a basic overview of what’s required for PMP Certification testing. A detailed look into the PMP Credential Program can be found in the Project Management Professional (PMP) Handbook, provided by the Project Management Institute.
PMP Certification Career Advantages
The long-term career advantages associated with PMP Certification are lucrative. The standardization of PMP Certification tests are designed in a way to allow only the most dedicated and experienced management professional to move forward as a certified PMP.
A brief overview of these benefits include:
- Global PMP Recognition – International clients and partners recognize PMI’s PMP certification as a highly professional credential, allowing these certified management leaders to become more flexible in global business. In fact, PMP Certification is especially beneficial to global organizations due to the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 1702 accreditation. This standard of quality management allows organizations to employ these credential holders that meet these global business standards.
- Establishing Credibility – Employers acknowledge a PMP credential holder to be a professional who has demonstrated the capability to meet highly crucial management needs. PMP certified professionals generally exceed management expectations due to the specific and stringent eligibility criteria it takes to pursue certification. In addition, those who have acquired PMP certification present validation to employers as professionals that have not only met eligibility standards, but have also proven management excellence in many areas.
- Enhanced Marketability – The PMP Certification establishes and enhances your position in the field of project management. Prospective employers will most often choose professionals who have reached PMP status rather than those who are non-qualified. This is because of the reduced risk associated with the PMP Certification.
- Organizational Contribution – Individuals are not the only ones who benefit from PMP knowledge. Businesses and companies as a whole gain significantly by adopting PMP holders into their organization. In fact, PMP certified professionals are required to maintain their certification through PMI’s Continuous Certification Program. This allows holders to always be aware of the latest developments in the management field.
- Improving Overall PM Skills – Those who pursue a career in project management understand that PMP Certification can help build upon their existing knowledge base, providing them with the specialized training needed to develop flexible leadership skills during their long-term career. As industry practices and market needs evolve, project managers with PMP certification are able to apply the experience necessary to navigate and adapt to industry dynamics.
PMP Certification is highly respected in the corporate world. Although it is specialized for those interested in fortifying leadership positions within a project or organization, PMP Certification can benefit anyone who wants to take their career into a new level.